//Google Analytics

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Little Things

Today, I'm thankful for the little things. Like a long weekend with my husband, even though he's sick and we'd rather be in Richmond visiting my friend in the hospital. Like a snuggley beagle, a purring kitty, and a dachshund burrowed under the covers keeping my feet warm. Like still having sleepovers with friends. Like playing Halo Reach on XBOX Live. There are a million more things but specifically, I'm thankful for even little improvements in my friend's health.

I'm so grateful to finally hear some good news from my friend's parents. They updated today that her lungs are looking betters and her vitals are still good. They're able to reduce the amount of oxygen she needs on the respirator as well. If she continues to fight and improve, the goal is to remove the respirator this in the next couple of days. It's currently Friday so hopefully by Sunday she will be breathing on her own. Next step after that will hopefully include bringing her out of the medically induced coma. So far it's been 6 days that she's been in the coma. I can't help but wonder what it's like. Is it just a heavy sleep? Can she hear any voices? Does she dream? Feel any pain or pressure? I've heard of people having Heaven experiences in situations like this so I can't help but wonder if she is having/has had one.

All that stuff aside...I am so thankful for her improvements. Even if they're minor, it's still a step towards recovery and I'm thanking God for all of it. He knows what he's doing...it's just really difficult to trust His timeline and not what I think is best.

Keep praying, though! She's still got a ways to go before she's back to normal.

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!