//Google Analytics

Monday, November 19, 2012

DIY: Ribbon/Tape Hanger

Today, I'm thankful for prayerful friends and family. Without the hundreds, or even thousands of prayers sent up this past week, my friend Blair might not even be with us anymore. She is now fully out of her medically induced coma and is on the road to recovery. Once she's recovered more and her heart and lungs are stronger she will need to do physical rehabilitation in order to strengthen her muscles back. She was in the coma for an entire week so her muscles atrophied quite a bit. But I am so thankful she has improved so much since last Sunday (it's now two Mondays later) when she first went in to the hospital. She had people all over the place praying for her and I am so thankful for that chain of prayer that lifted her up so much. People that knew her well and plenty of people who didn't know her at all. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them for taking the time to lift her up. 

After taking most of last week off from normal blogging, I feel like I can get back to it. I'm still praying desperately for Blair's full recovery (sooner, rather than later) but I'm not constantly worried and stressed like I had been. I know she's on the road to getting better and will continue to do so.

With all that being said, let's get back to it with an easy-as-pie tutorial!

Tired of your ribbons and tape being all unorganized and having no easy way to store them? No more! Follow this easy tutorial on how to turn an old wire hanger (ew, who likes to use those on their clothes anyways?) into a simple storage solution! I originally found this idea on Silly Old Suitcase. The original blog instructions are here.

This project is just about as easy as they come! It required a couple of tools so I went ahead and let my husband do the work. It literally only took a few minutes and it was all done!

You'll need:
  • A metal wire clothes hanger
  • Pliers
  • Wire Snips
  • Or you could use a pair of pliers with wire snips on the inside!
  • Your ribbon and tape

Directions:

Cut one side of the hanger  in the middle of the short side. Then, bend one end into a loop and the other end into a hook so that they fit together.


Unhook the corner, slip on your spools of ribbon, re-hook the corner and voila! Done! 


The majority of those ribbons are in spools of 4 and they're ones I got at Joann Fabrics when the store was closing so I got them for a great price! 

Sorry for not including more pictures but it really is just that easy! Oh, and sorry for not including a picture of it actually hanging...the spools of 4 ribbons have one small hole and one giant hole the size of the spool so it actually doesn't look too cute when it's hung up. But who cares, it's functional! Now all my ribbon is in one place and it's easy to get to! Now if I get anymore ribbon or fancy tape I'll have to make another hanger to store them! 

Do you use fancy tape? What do you use it for? What's your favorite method for storing ribbons and such?

Till next time,
Catherine


I've linked up with Just Us Four for their Pinworthy Projects Link Party #76!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!