//Google Analytics

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ivy Creek Park with the Pups

Took the pups to Ivy Creek Park tonight for a little stroll around.


It was a lovely warm evening. Perfect for a walk!


Thought I'd share the few pictures I took on the way :-)


This is how you walk with two hound breeds. Noses to the ground!


Crossing the bridge. 


Pretty wooded paths.


Focus, guys! Focus! They insisted on snorting every single smell of every single person, plant, and animal that has ever been through here.


I recently learned that this is jewelweed. It's small but pretty and has a lovely citrus smell if you walk by enough of it.


Momentary pause where they lifted their faces from the ground. Well, sort of for Jill, she's always at ground level. 


Poor old Jill needed a break so we sat down on a bench in front of the lake to rest.


"Hey guys...hey! Come here, sit pretty for a picture."


"Look cute and stuff."


"Both of you look at me!"


"Oh for crying out loud." 

I took probably a dozen more trying to get one where they were both looking at me. It never happened. 

Oh well.

It was a nice evening and now they are thoroughly tired...even though it wasn't a very long walk! They're just old!

How do you enjoy the outdoors when the weather is nice?

Till next time,
Catherine

6 comments:

  1. Aww your dogs are adorable!! What fun walking buddies. Gorgeous walk too. I love that park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them :) It's a really nice little place!

      Delete
  2. What a nice park to wolk in, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a very small park but they're have plans to expand it...still very nice though!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that Ivy Creek had a park! It's on the same road as Jefferson Forest High School, right?

    Your dogs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm not sure. It's off of 221 right near 501. If you pass the new Fresh Market on your right (while on 221) and take a right at the Sheetz it's less than a mile down on the right.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!