//Google Analytics

Monday, September 9, 2013

Couch to 5k - Week 4

Yowza.

That's all I can really say about Week 4 of the Couch to 5k program.

Now to be totally honest, I'm not the most out of shape person but I'm definitely no athlete. I've always been overweight but have always been used to hard work. My teenage years (and then some) were spent throwing hay and scooping poop at the barn. So I can keep up with hard work.

(via)

Running, though...is a different story.

And it always has been. I've always thought it was the coolest thing to be able to run but always relented to the fact that I "wasn't a born runner," "didn't have the drive to run," and "couldn't become a runner." This past couple of years I've become really determined to change that. Who says I should listen to those detrimental voices telling me "You can't do it."?! Not anymore. Even if takes me an entire year to be able to run a 5k, I'm committed this time.

Though I hope I can do it by my second 5k on October 5th! (A month from the date of this post.)

(via)

Later this week I'll try and write a more in depth post about the Couch to 5k program and my experiences with it so far. But for now I wanted to publicly declare that running will NOT get the best of me and it will be one thing I conquer.

And if I can do it...so can you!!!

Let's encourage each other and reach our goals!

What's your favorite motivational quote? How do you push through eating healthy/working out when you plain old just don't feel like it? What are your weight loss/health goals? Share with us! 

Till next time,
Catherine


6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I did a Couch to 5k last year. It was really hard, but I got through. Then I wasn't able to run for 3 months and now I have to get back into it. I'm looking to just feel better about my body and endurance.

    Also, I love that first image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree...I want to be comfortable, healthy and strong!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your Couch to 5 K is going well :) I'm going to start the plan very shortly. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on it! You should! It's a great program...definitely challenging!

      Delete
  3. this is awesome, catherine! i used to run a good bit, and have done several 5/8ks, but i've gotten out of it over the past year or so. having races i was already signed up for was a good incentive for me - something to work toward. might be a good time to start back now that it's starting to cool off :) how do you train? do you just run at the gym or do you run outside anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying but man it gets tough! Definitely...I love any excuse to be outside in the cool fall weather! I do both...gym when the weather is too muggy or dark and outside when it's nice! There's such a huge difference though between treadmill running and outdoor running though!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!