//Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

1st Blogiversary! Past, Present, and Future

One year ago today I wrote my very first blog post. Don't judge me. I didn't know anything about blogging at that point! 



You guys have been here through it all. Even when I tried to make bread for the first time and failed miserably.


And then when I got it right and made amazing bread!

It's been a long and wonderful road with a huge learning curve. But I really have enjoyed it all! Through joining blogging networks, connecting with other bloggers and even meeting a few of my fellow local bloggers! I had no idea what I was getting into when I started but now I couldn't even entertain the thought of quitting! 

I've now published a total of 211 posts! Wow. That's a lot of blogging! Here are some of the most popular/favorite posts. 


My MOST popular post was actually my husband's first post! His cardboard helmet tutorial got an astonishing 5,570 views! Halloween's coming up soon and this would be an awesome DIY costume for kids an adults alike. 


My second most popular post was my DIY pallet garden for under $20. It rounded out the year with 3,728 views which is still huge! 


The 3rd most popular post was my Magic Eraser toilet cleaner Pinterest fail and 4th popular was The Walking Dead workout! Is anyone as excited as I am that the next season is about to begin?!? 


My most popular Pinterest pin was the recipe for my homemade garden fresh salsa


Followed by my homemade no high-fructose-corn-syrup ketchup! Both of which are so delicious that you'll never buy those things from the store ever again! So if you haven't pinned them yet, go for it! 

I'll wait. 


If you want to follow me on Pinterest, just click HERE

What Happily Ever Crafter post is YOUR favorite? You can choose from the ones above or the archives on the right sidebar. 

It's really neat to look at my most popular posts and realize they're all totally different! 

Our anniversary trip to Williamsburg, Virginia

And finally...drumroll please! My total pageviews for my very first year of blogging...

39,463!!!

For you seasoned bloggers that may seem like chump change but I am blown away! My very first month I had only 180 pageviews. I guess that's decent considering I didn't tell anyone that I started a blog!

Every month has shown exponential growth and it's so cool to watch! I owe it all to you guys for liking, commenting and sharing my blog! I can't forget my incredible blog networks either, you can check those out on my sidebar. 

The future of this blog is completely unknown. I have goals but I don't know where exactly this blog will take me. Here are some of those goals for the next year of blogging.

  1. Reach 1,000 views a day.
  2. Reach 1,000 likes on Facebook (currently at 391!)
  3. Schedule Facebook posts ahead of time.
  4. Get back to consistently posting (good content) up to 5 days a week.
  5. Write those posts ahead of time and schedule them. AKA "Get with the times, Catherine."
  6. Cook and craft more for better posts.
  7. Try more things from Pinterest and share about it!
  8. Earn a little money through the blog and buy my own domain name (plus make the blog beautiful and functional!)
  9. Connect with YOU better and attend blogging conferences (like this one I'm attending on October 26th!)
  10. Be open to constructive criticism and change. 


So here's to the first of many years of blogging! 

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the first post of the week and fill out my blogiversary poll! I want to get to know my lovely readers! 

Till next time,
Catherine


6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary dear! I personally love your blog! AND I just started! I cant wait to see what the next year brings you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww why thank you Jacqueline! That means so much to me!

      Delete
  2. Happy blog anniversary!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine!

    Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! I just found your blog through the Femworking Conference contact list, and I love it! I've already spent a solid 30 minutes on your blog, and I can't wait to get home from work to look more--guilt free ;)

    I just started my own blog last week and can't wait for the conference to learn more! I hope to meet you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsey! I'm so honored you've been hangin' around here :) I haven't had a chance to get through that list yet. I love your blog name!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!