I've always had extra weight and have always wanted to get rid of it. My weight fluctuates a bit but I feel like overall I've tried to stay fairly healthy. Keyword: tried. I'm usually pretty active and have worked several labor intensive jobs. But it always seemed like I'd eat the worst when I worked the hardest. We (the girls I worked with) were just exhausted all the time that when we finally got a chance to eat we would eat whatever was the fastest because we had to get right back to work! I shouldn't place all the blame on my previous job(s) but trust me, it didn't help. Especially because in our minds, hey, we're working really hard, let's "reward" ourselves with food. Bad thinking!
So now, upon entering the new year, 2013, I'm ready to buckle down. I have no excuses! I've got a great, supportive husband who will eat better with me, cook with me, work out with me and so on. There's a world of motivation and workouts on Pinterest and we belong to a great gym. No more excuses!
I want to:
- Lose weight
- Drop pant sizes
- Lose inches
- Tone up/Strengthen my muscles (I'm no weakling but I want to be stronger)
- Feel more confident
- Be healthier
- Gym 3 days a week--Couch to 5k program, lots of walking/elliptical, and weight training
- Lighter workout at home 2 days a week--Walking Dead Workout for now
- Eat more salads! Every day would be ideal
- Take daily women's multi-vitamin
- Drink more water--8 glasses
- Eat more fruits and vegetables--DAILY
- Eat less wheat products (we only eat whole grain/wheat, but could be limited)
- Continue to avoid processed food, fried food, refined, bleached, enriched, high fructose corn syrup, etc
- Don't eat out or highly limit it, twice monthly max
- Yoga? (I know it's supposed to be great for you but I've never tried...input?)
I decided to write this down on my blog in order to give myself more accountability. I would LOVE any kind of support and motivation from my readers and friends! All the nitty gritty scary details like weight and inches are staying in a secure Excel file on my computer...not brave enough to put that out there! Maybe when (not if! Need to be more positive too) I reach my goals! Maybe.
My husband and I have talked about it a million times but we really need to buckle down and get serious. We want to live LONG, HEALTHY lives together. I don't ever want to be hampered down by a preventable disease. The decisions we make today effect our health later on in life.
Follow my Health and Fitness board to see some of the cool stuff I've pinned regarding health and fitness! That's where all of my pictures came from for today's post. I try to pin fun workouts and motivation along with other health tips and tidbits.
Are you trying to do any of these things in the new year? How are you going about it? Also, any suggestions for fun home workouts once we complete every episode for The Walking Dead Workout?
Till next time,