//Google Analytics

Monday, October 1, 2012

So it begins...

Greetings and salutations!

My name is Catherine Page Wood and I have finally decided to join the world of blogging.

Frankly, I used to make fun of blogs and people who blog because it just seemed weird to me. But hey, this is the 21st Century and as a newlywed going through lots of new life experiences, I just figured that it's worth a shot! One thing I'm getting myself used to is trying new things and this is definitely new!

A little about me:

I'm a newlywed, just over 6 months happily married to the most wonderful man on the planet! Of course, I'm a little biased but as far as I'm concerned...he is where it's at! I'll brag more about him later.
My husband and I live in a little place called Lynchburg, Virginia. Most people know about Lynchburg because of Liberty University. We both used to live in Hanover, Virginia which is the country North of Richmond. Our goal is to make it back there one day.
I've never been a crafty person, but Pinterest has opened up a whole new world for me! Pinterest was yet another new thing I resisted for a while. I'm glad I decided to join because I have learned so much, so quickly through that site. I'll be posting lots of Pinterest successes and failures on here.
We have two geriatric dogs and a talkative cat.
We live in a lovely little townhouse that I enjoy turning more and more into our first home, again, thanks to Pinterest!
I'm 24 years old and just finishing my B.S. of Business Management at Liberty, through their awesome online program.
I am a Christian but don't think for a second I'm anything like those nut jobs at Westboro Baptist Church!
My husband, Brian, and I have both been getting into being crafty and we also plan to open up an Etsy shop. We want to sell handmade items like crocheted hats, scarves, kid's toys, jewelry, and my husband's amazing hand drawn artwork.
I love to save money. Frugality is where it's at!

You're probably thinking, "Why in the world should I keep reading this?"
Well.
Because...
Because you want to. And because I'm going to write some {hopefully} informative, funny, and interesting blogs.
My goal is to write often and write with purpose. I want to write about my adventures as a newlywed which include the triumphs and the struggles, learning to cook, learning to craft, and learning to be a better person, wife, Christian, friend, sister, daughter. I also will include my continuous journey of health and wellness through eating healthier, exercising, using natural alternatives and avoiding the absolute junk that surrounds us constantly.

And there you go. I hope you choose to stay and join me on this new journey of mine!

Feel free to leave me a comment or any suggestions on what you'd like me to blog about!

Till next time,
Catherine

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!