//Google Analytics

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cook: 3 Amigos Enchilada Stew and then some

Today's recipe is 3 Amigos Enchilada Stew from Leonard Mountain Soups! Except I pumped it up!! You didn't really think I'd leave it alone, did you? 

If you've read some of my previous blog posts, you know I love Leonard Mountain Soups! They're awesome! They're great by themselves but also fantastic when you add other things! They're very Weight Watchers friendly too. You can find my other posts HERE and HERE

Confession...I'm a forgetful blogger! I made this recipe recently when my in-laws came to visit and it turned out beautifully! But we were all so excited and hungry I forgot to get pictures of the soup in a bowl! Oops.


Ingredients:
  • 3 Amigos Enchilada Stew 
  • A jar of your favorite salsa (my favorite is Newman's Own but this is what I had)
  • 2 cans of chunk chicken
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1 can of pinto beans
  • 1 bag of frozen corn
  • 6 cups of water

You can maximize or minimize this recipe as you need to. I added a lot because I was feeding 6 people so I wanted more than enough to go around. 

Directions:


Turn your crockpot on low and mix in your pre-made soup mix with 6 cups of water. I cooked this on low for 5-6 hours but you can do it on high for 3-4 if you want. You can also make these soups in a regular pot on the stove! I let it cook for an hour or so.


Then I added the corn and both cans of beans. I let it sit for another hour or so.


Then the salsa, let it sit. 


And last but not least, the chicken. Let it cook for maybe another hour and serve! Don't forget all the fixin's!

The reason I waited so long between adding the ingredients it that I didn't want it to all get mushy. Maybe it wouldn't have...who knows. If you're starting this stew then running errands or doing chores then I'm sure it would be fine to just toss it all in together at once. 

My in-laws absolutely loved it! They devoured the soup! Of course I had shredded cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream too and it was de-lish! Definitely something I'd make again! 

Again, sorry for not having any good pictures. I promise it looked as delicious as it tasted! When I make it again sometime I'll be sure to get some mouth-watering pictures for you all!

Have you ever tried Leonard Mountain Soups? What's your favorite recipe for Mexican-style soup?

Till next time,
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!