//Google Analytics

Monday, February 4, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Jonny

Today is the day of Jonny's funeral. My husband and I unfortunately aren't able to attend because we live too far. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family through this difficult time. 


This is Jonny during the games and recreation period of Studentz Camp in the summer of 2012. He was doing his best "model pose" for the one taking the photo. Jonny's father is the director of the camp, which are the same camps my husband and I have been working at for quite a few years. Jonny was always a joy to hang out with and be around during camp, and also the conference in the winter, YEC.

I remember hanging out with Jonny and some other girls in the camp office during the weekend just before camp and we were all just goofing off while setting things up. He had an iPad and kept catching embarrassing videos of us! We couldn't help but laugh, though.

In the months leading up to Jonny's passing, my husband's company, IFR, made a video of his story. You can view that video here.

Anyone who knew Jonny can be comforted by knowing he is pain-free and in Heaven right now...but at the same time, we can't help but mourn that he was taken from this world so soon. We know we'll also see him again one day.

Please continue to keep the Maltempi family in your prayers.

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!